- CWA e-Newsletter: July 17, 2014Voting Rights Update: Judge Calls Out Florida Redistricting Conspiracy; Global Trade Deals Can No Longer Include Investor State Dispute Resolution; Heads Up: CWA's Telephone Town Hall is Tonight!; Movement Building: Iowa CWAers Join Community Group to Fight Corporate Polluters; Netroots Nation 2014; Detroit, Turn on the Water!; 50 Years Later, a Look Ba
- Voting Rights Update: Judge Calls Out Florida Redistricting ConspiracyA Florida judge has thrown out the state's congressional redistricting map in a scathing decision that he said reveals a "secret, organized campaign" to create "a shadow redistricting process" that favors Republicans.
- Global Trade Deals Can No Longer Include Investor State Dispute ResolutionThe U.S. could learn a thing or two from Germany. In that country, there is nearly universal opposition to Investor-State Dispute Settlement, the provision the U.S. is pushing for in the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership and a proposed deal with European nations.
- Heads Up CWA’s Telephone Town Hall is TonightYou won't want to miss tonight's town hall call, starting at 7:30 pm ET. Tonight, two amazing activists from US Airways and American Airlines will talk about their 20-year effort to help win union representation at their airlines.
- Movement Building: Iowa CWAers Join Community Group to Fight Corporate PollutersIowa CWA leaders and activists joined members of Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement (CCI) for workshops and discussions at the CCI annual convention, then capped things off with a direct action protest at the governor’s mansion.
- CWA e-Newsletter: July 17, 2014
Look for the union bug!
If you're preparing a printing project, please consider one of our fine Guild-represented shops:
2512 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121-1303
2331 Ross Way
Tacoma, WA 98421
315 South 3rd Street
Renton, WA 98057-2092
Category Archives: Lead Article
The spring General Membership meeting for TNG/CWA Local 37082 will be held Wednesday, May 14 at the the Guild office in Belltown. All members in good standing are eligible to participate and are urged to attend. WHERE: 2122 Third Avenue, … Continue reading
The winter General Membership meeting for TNG/CWA Local 37082 will be held Wednesday, February 19 at the the Guild office in Belltown. All members in good standing are eligible to participate and are urged to attend. WHERE: 2122 Third Avenue, … Continue reading
So this year’s Superbowl just happens to be a meeting between teams from the only two states that have legalized recreational marijuana use. Cause and effect? Mere chronological coincidence? Who can say? No doubt the question will long be pondered … Continue reading
The new 2013-2017 Yakima Herald-Republic Guild contract was approved in a ballot vote yesterday evening at the Herald-Republic. The proposal passed by a clear majority of the ballots cast. It has been a long-standing Pacific NW Guild practice not to … Continue reading
On Saturday, your Guild bargaining team and company representatives reached a tentative agreement on a new Guild contract at the Herald-Republic. The term of the contract is for four years, running from October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2017. The … Continue reading