- CWA e-Newsletter: July 24, 2014Cohen to APWU Members: U.S. Mail Not for Sale; Cohen's Challenge: Look Beyond Reforming the Senate and Save Democracy Itself; President Signs Historic LGBT Executive Order; Art By, For and About the Common Man; National Women's Committee Report: Sexual Assault in the Military; Feeling Nostalgic? Join us for Throwback Thursdays!; Beirne Scholarship
- Cohen to APWU Members: U.S. Mail Not for SaleAt the American Postal Workers Union convention in Chicago, CWA President Larry Cohen told 3,000 postal worker members and delegates that CWAers are standing strong in the fight to save the jobs of thousands of APWU members, and the Post Office as we know it.
- Cohen’s Challenge: Look Beyond Reforming the Senate and Save Democracy ItselfEight months after the U.S. Senate changed its rules to enable more executive and judicial nominations to go forward, a new dysfunctional trick that has marooned over a hundred other nominations is the latest bar to progress.
- President Signs Historic LGBT Executive OrderPresident Obama signed an historic executive order Monday morning prohibiting federal contractors from discriminating against workers on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Art By, For and About the Common ManRon Carver tells the story of a critical juncture when CWA lent invaluable help in the efforts to reclaim the paintings of Ralph Fasanella for display in the public domain.
- CWA e-Newsletter: July 24, 2014
Look for the union bug!
If you're preparing a printing project, please consider one of our fine Guild-represented shops:
2512 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121-1303
2331 Ross Way
Tacoma, WA 98421
315 South 3rd Street
Renton, WA 98057-2092
Category Archives: Lead Article
The spring General Membership meeting for TNG/CWA Local 37082 will be held Wednesday, May 14 at the the Guild office in Belltown. All members in good standing are eligible to participate and are urged to attend. WHERE: 2122 Third Avenue, … Continue reading
The winter General Membership meeting for TNG/CWA Local 37082 will be held Wednesday, February 19 at the the Guild office in Belltown. All members in good standing are eligible to participate and are urged to attend. WHERE: 2122 Third Avenue, … Continue reading
So this year’s Superbowl just happens to be a meeting between teams from the only two states that have legalized recreational marijuana use. Cause and effect? Mere chronological coincidence? Who can say? No doubt the question will long be pondered … Continue reading
The new 2013-2017 Yakima Herald-Republic Guild contract was approved in a ballot vote yesterday evening at the Herald-Republic. The proposal passed by a clear majority of the ballots cast. It has been a long-standing Pacific NW Guild practice not to … Continue reading
On Saturday, your Guild bargaining team and company representatives reached a tentative agreement on a new Guild contract at the Herald-Republic. The term of the contract is for four years, running from October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2017. The … Continue reading