- CWA e-Newsletter: July 24, 2014Cohen to APWU Members: U.S. Mail Not for Sale; Cohen's Challenge: Look Beyond Reforming the Senate and Save Democracy Itself; President Signs Historic LGBT Executive Order; Art By, For and About the Common Man; National Women's Committee Report: Sexual Assault in the Military; Feeling Nostalgic? Join us for Throwback Thursdays!; Beirne Scholarship
- Cohen to APWU Members: U.S. Mail Not for SaleAt the American Postal Workers Union convention in Chicago, CWA President Larry Cohen told 3,000 postal worker members and delegates that CWAers are standing strong in the fight to save the jobs of thousands of APWU members, and the Post Office as we know it.
- Cohen’s Challenge: Look Beyond Reforming the Senate and Save Democracy ItselfEight months after the U.S. Senate changed its rules to enable more executive and judicial nominations to go forward, a new dysfunctional trick that has marooned over a hundred other nominations is the latest bar to progress.
- President Signs Historic LGBT Executive OrderPresident Obama signed an historic executive order Monday morning prohibiting federal contractors from discriminating against workers on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Art By, For and About the Common ManRon Carver tells the story of a critical juncture when CWA lent invaluable help in the efforts to reclaim the paintings of Ralph Fasanella for display in the public domain.
- CWA e-Newsletter: July 24, 2014
Look for the union bug!
If you're preparing a printing project, please consider one of our fine Guild-represented shops:
2512 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121-1303
2331 Ross Way
Tacoma, WA 98421
315 South 3rd Street
Renton, WA 98057-2092
Monthly Archives: December 2011
The Seattle Times this week informed the union of 11 upcoming layoffs from among our members in Guild and CWA units. (About 12 others from throughout the company also will be laid off.) Those being laid off have been contacted … Continue reading
New local officers elected for 2012-2013 Please congratulate the following officers, who were re-elected at the Nov. 16, 2011, general-membership meeting: President Darryl Sclater (Times Circulation); Vice-President Ralph Erickson (Times Circulation); Secretary Rob Davila (Times News). No nominations were made … Continue reading