- CWA e-Newsletter: July 24, 2014Cohen to APWU Members: U.S. Mail Not for Sale; Cohen's Challenge: Look Beyond Reforming the Senate and Save Democracy Itself; President Signs Historic LGBT Executive Order; Art By, For and About the Common Man; National Women's Committee Report: Sexual Assault in the Military; Feeling Nostalgic? Join us for Throwback Thursdays!; Beirne Scholarship
- Cohen to APWU Members: U.S. Mail Not for SaleAt the American Postal Workers Union convention in Chicago, CWA President Larry Cohen told 3,000 postal worker members and delegates that CWAers are standing strong in the fight to save the jobs of thousands of APWU members, and the Post Office as we know it.
- Cohen’s Challenge: Look Beyond Reforming the Senate and Save Democracy ItselfEight months after the U.S. Senate changed its rules to enable more executive and judicial nominations to go forward, a new dysfunctional trick that has marooned over a hundred other nominations is the latest bar to progress.
- President Signs Historic LGBT Executive OrderPresident Obama signed an historic executive order Monday morning prohibiting federal contractors from discriminating against workers on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Art By, For and About the Common ManRon Carver tells the story of a critical juncture when CWA lent invaluable help in the efforts to reclaim the paintings of Ralph Fasanella for display in the public domain.
- CWA e-Newsletter: July 24, 2014
Look for the union bug!
If you're preparing a printing project, please consider one of our fine Guild-represented shops:
2512 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121-1303
2331 Ross Way
Tacoma, WA 98421
315 South 3rd Street
Renton, WA 98057-2092
Monthly Archives: April 2011
The executive-board meeting is at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 11. The quarterly general-membership meeting follows at 7 p.m. Delegates to the CWA convention will be nominated and elected at this meeting.
Fellow Newspaper Guild members who work for the Associated Press have been in very tough contract bargaining for 6 months now and are holding protest rallies next week at more than 30 locations. They’ve done rallies in mid-March, and other … Continue reading
Applications are now being accepted through April 30 for the CWA Joe Beirne Foundation’s scholarship for the 2011-2012 school year. Fifteen (15) partial college scholarships of up to $3,000 each will be awarded, and the winners also will receive second-year … Continue reading