- CWA e-Newsletter: July 17, 2014Voting Rights Update: Judge Calls Out Florida Redistricting Conspiracy; Global Trade Deals Can No Longer Include Investor State Dispute Resolution; Heads Up: CWA's Telephone Town Hall is Tonight!; Movement Building: Iowa CWAers Join Community Group to Fight Corporate Polluters; Netroots Nation 2014; Detroit, Turn on the Water!; 50 Years Later, a Look Ba
- Voting Rights Update: Judge Calls Out Florida Redistricting ConspiracyA Florida judge has thrown out the state's congressional redistricting map in a scathing decision that he said reveals a "secret, organized campaign" to create "a shadow redistricting process" that favors Republicans.
- Global Trade Deals Can No Longer Include Investor State Dispute ResolutionThe U.S. could learn a thing or two from Germany. In that country, there is nearly universal opposition to Investor-State Dispute Settlement, the provision the U.S. is pushing for in the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership and a proposed deal with European nations.
- Heads Up CWA’s Telephone Town Hall is TonightYou won't want to miss tonight's town hall call, starting at 7:30 pm ET. Tonight, two amazing activists from US Airways and American Airlines will talk about their 20-year effort to help win union representation at their airlines.
- Movement Building: Iowa CWAers Join Community Group to Fight Corporate PollutersIowa CWA leaders and activists joined members of Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement (CCI) for workshops and discussions at the CCI annual convention, then capped things off with a direct action protest at the governor’s mansion.
- CWA e-Newsletter: July 17, 2014
Look for the union bug!
If you're preparing a printing project, please consider one of our fine Guild-represented shops:
2512 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121-1303
2331 Ross Way
Tacoma, WA 98421
315 South 3rd Street
Renton, WA 98057-2092
Monthly Archives: November 2010
On Nov. 21, 10 years ago, members of the Pacific Northwest Newspaper Guild went out on strike against management of The Seattle Times and Seattle Post-Intelligencer. This post isn’t here to argue about the reasons or the outcome of the … Continue reading
Applications are now available for the 2011 Union Plus Scholarship Program. They must be submitted by Jan. 31. Click here to download the application. All members of unions participating in the Union Plus programs (as well as their spouses and dependent children) … Continue reading